Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula 5.2.10 on Windows 2008 R2 server : 1 MByte/sec transfer rate, very slow

2012-09-04 03:47:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula 5.2.10 on Windows 2008 R2 server : 1 MByte/sec transfer rate, very slow
From: Paul Van Wambeke <paul.vanwambeke AT br.fgov DOT be>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 09:04:22 +0200
     Hi

I have Bacula 5.01 Director installed on a Linux Ubuntu 10.04 server,
and a Bacula 5.2.10 Client (Bacula-fd) running on a Windows Server 2008
R2 SP1 server, with Hyper-V role installed. Purpose is
her to backup the host server, not the virtual machines.

Initially the backup transfer rate was extremely slow (kbytes/sec).
Changing the Network adapter (Broadcom NetXstreme 5714) settings to
Large end Offload (LSO) = off
as suggested in some posts increased the transfer rate to 1MB/sec, which
is still 10 to 80 times slower than the transfer rates I have with other
servers running Linux
or Windows 7. Transferring a file 'by hand' over the net runs at 80
MB/sec ...So I suspect a problem with Bacula-fd.

Any idea how to configure the server so that I can get decent backup
transfer speeds ? I can't imagine these servers can't be managed by Bacula.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Kind regards

Paul

--