Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula recognizes only 7 slots in an 8-slot-changer

2012-06-27 05:47:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula recognizes only 7 slots in an 8-slot-changer
From: Jens Grüntjes <jens.gruentjes AT ebira DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:44:52 +0200
Zitat von Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>:

> Please, hard reset your changer (off/on), check all connections, check all
> firmware options which could disable one slot - cleaning slot, etc. Then
> check library status with mtx again. It should work. If not, check you HBA
> firmware and OS driver.
>
> best regards
>
> --
> Radosław Korzeniewski
> radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net

Thanks for your hints,

i pulled the scsi-card out of the pci-slot and checked the
termination, that looked okay. I checked the terminator at the changer
itself which also looked okay. After that I installed the scsi-card
and connected the cables.

I don't know if that helped. I rather guess the crucial thing was to
*completely* power down the changer. Yesterday I only powered it down
via the front panel but I guess that is only some sort of stand-by.
Today I powered it down via a switch on the power supply. After
powering on the changer and afterwards the computer everything looks
fine:

boromir ~ # mtx -f /dev/sg4 status
   Storage Changer /dev/sg4:1 Drives, 8 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Storage Element 3 Loaded):VolumeTag = WOC4-03L4
       Storage Element 1:Full :VolumeTag=WOC4-01L4
       Storage Element 2:Full :VolumeTag=WOC4-02L4
       Storage Element 3:Empty
       Storage Element 4:Full :VolumeTag=WOC5-01L4
       Storage Element 5:Full :VolumeTag=WOC5-02L4
       Storage Element 6:Full :VolumeTag=WOC5-03L4
       Storage Element 7:Full :VolumeTag=WOC1-01L4
       Storage Element 8:Full :VolumeTag=WOC1-02L4

Thanks again to all of you. I appreciate your help very much.

Greetings
--
Jens