Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] mtx and Overland Neo8000e

2012-04-25 14:11:17
Subject: [Bacula-users] mtx and Overland Neo8000e
From: Jesper Krogh <jesper AT krogh DOT cc>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:08:43 +0200
Hi.

Allthough related, this is not a bacula issue. Trying to get
Bacula working with an Overland Neo8000e changer I have
got mtx status/load/unload to work and "mt" reports
the tapes as excected. The Changer is connected using SAS.

But the time it takes for status/load/unload is about 2 minutes per action
where 1 minute and 45 seconds goes by doing "nothing at all".

Have anyone seen/solved similar issue?

Under Linux, do we have any alternatives to mtx for operating the
changer?

Sure it'll work anyway, but it'll just require a bit more patience than
usually to wait for this amount of time in "update slots" and "mount"

--
Jesper