Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Problem Running Concurrent Jobs For One Client

2012-04-25 12:32:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] Problem Running Concurrent Jobs For One Client
From: "Boutin, Stephen" <Stephen.Boutin AT lightningsource DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:29:36 -0500

Hi all,

                I have a client that has 4 jobs, all backing up something different of course (a test of sorts, as I have 20+ clients I need to have concurrently running jobs setup for). Due to the total data size of running this all as one job, I need to split it up & run them concurrently. I have researched this issue a good bit, following the Bacula Running Concurrent Jobs document (and several other documents/forum posts) & believe I now have everything set as it should be to run these jobs concurrently. For some reason, they are still only being run one at a time. Am I missing something? All 4 jobs have the same priority, which according to Bacula docs, means they can run concurrently. I have Maximum Concurrent Jobs set to 22 in all possible places in all 3 conf files, and on the clients. I have 2 of them going to one storage resource & 2 going to another (so, really, it should be running at least 2 of the 4 jobs at the same time, one per storage resource). Running Bacula 5.0.3, Open Source. Please let me know if you know why I am still not able to run these jobs concurrently, and if any other info is needed to determine so. Thanks!