Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Mixing incremental & full volume pools (disk based) during restore

2012-03-29 08:10:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] Mixing incremental & full volume pools (disk based) during restore
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:08:11 +0200
Hi folks,

we recently changed our backup policy from tape- to disk-based, so I
created two pools based on separate filestorage devices (two separate
dirs) to hold the full and incremental backup volumes.

Today I tried a restore job using both incr. and full volumes, and
when bacula (5.2.6 on centos 6) needed to access the incremental
volumes, it tried to open them in the full filestorage directory as
opposed to the incremental filestorage directory.

I worked around the situation by creating symlinks in the full
filestorage directory pointing to the incremental backup volume files
and bacula readily accepted those links and read the incremental stuff
off the volumes.

I wonder if this is the expected behaviour, or would it be better to
keep both pools in a single directory (if that's even possible)?
Should I have modified the Storage resource before starting the
restore job (alhough the restore job needed both full and incremental
volumes)?

All the best & thanks in advance, Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann AG