Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Copy Job troubles

2012-03-20 17:58:10
Subject: [Bacula-users] Copy Job troubles
From: Tim Krieger <tim.krieger AT neverblue DOT com>
To: "'bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net'" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 14:55:32 -0700

Hey All,

I am attempting to configure a copy job to create an set of backup tapes I can ship offsite but everytime a job starts, the base offsite job sits waiting for the Tape resource, and the child copy job sites waiting for the File resource… it seems like they are deadlocking each other but I can not figure out why??

I have two pools configured containing tapes, the Tape pool and the Offsite pool, all source backup jobs are in the File pool.  I have a migration job that moves things from the File pool to the Tape pool and it all works as expected, I am sure there is something in my offsite pool configuration that is wrong but I just can’t figure out what.

Any pointers from all you guru’s would be greatly appreciated!

Relevant configs:

JobDefs {

  Name = "DefaultJob"

  Type = Backup

  Level = Full

  Client = backup-fd

  Storage = File

  Messages = Standard

  Pool = File

  Priority = 10

  Write Bootstrap = "/opt/bacula/bin/working/%c.bsr"

  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20

}

Job {

  Name = "Offsite Backup test"

  Client = backup-fd

  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"

  Type = Copy

  FileSet = "Full Set"

  Priority = 12

  SpoolData = No

  Messages = ErrorOnly

  Level = Full

  Schedule = "Never"

  Pool = Offsite

  Selection Type = SQL Query

  Selection Pattern = "select * from offsite_backups where name like 'test%'"

#
# offsite_backups is a view in postgres that grabs the most recent full backup for the stuff we want to send offsite, our selection query is too long for the bacula
#

}

# Definition of file storage device

Storage {

  Name = File

  Address = backupserver

  SDPort = 9103

  Password = "Password for storage daemon"

  Device = Default_FileStorage

  Media Type = File

  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20

}

# File Pool definition

Pool {

  Name = File

  Storage = File

  Pool Type = Backup

  Next Pool = Tape

  Migration Time = 8 days

  Migration High Bytes = 10000G

  Migration Low Bytes = 8000G

  Recycle = yes

  RecyclePool = File

  AutoPrune = yes

  Volume Retention = 14 days

  Maximum Volume Bytes = 100G

  Maximum Volumes = 175

  Volume Use Duration = 4 days

  LabelFormat = "File_Storage"

}

# Definition of tape storage device

Storage {

  Name = Tape

  Address = backupserver

  SDPort = 9103

  Password = "password for Storage daemon"

  Device = PV124T-LTO5

  Media Type = LTO5

  Autochanger = yes

}

# Tape pool definition

Pool {

  Name = Tape

  Storage = Tape

  Pool Type = Backup

  Recycle = no

  AutoPrune = no

  Volume Retention = 3650 days

  Cleaning Prefix = "CLN"

}

# Offsite Tape definition

Pool {

  Name = Offsite

  Storage = Tape

  Pool Type = Backup

  Recycle = yes

  AutoPrune = yes

  Volume Retention = 7 days

  Volume Use Duration = 2 days

  Next Pool = Offsite

  RecyclePool = Tape

}

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying attachments contain confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please immediately delete the e-mail and either notify the sender at the above e-mail address or by telephone at +1 250.386.5323.