Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Exchange 2007 backup

2012-03-20 15:10:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Exchange 2007 backup
From: "Joseph L. Casale" <jcasale AT activenetwerx DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:08:44 +0000
> I am presently running Bacula 5.26 in production for a weeks now.   I
> recently noticed that the bacula
> agent (v5.1) running on the Exchange server does not truncate the Exchange
> transaction log after a
> full backup is completed. As a result, the partition containing the
> transaction log is filling up.

I recall a while wondering how the agent internally handled creating the VSS
snapshots in a discussion
with James, I use diskshadow manually in a pre script then expose it, the
fileset hits the exposed drive.

Knowing how vss works, when you trigger a snapshot if you dont include all
locations (drives) that a writer
is responsible for, it will exclude. So in other words, you have db and logs on
several drives, but only want
to back up one, you still must snap _all_ drives.

Might that be the case for you? Your fileset involves only the db and logs you
are after but other exchange
related data resides elsewhere?

jlc