Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup fails because VSS can't be created

2012-03-20 18:22:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup fails because VSS can't be created
From: Steve Ellis <ellis AT brouhaha DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 15:20:29 -0700
On 3/20/12 6:50 AM, Gustavo Gibson da Silva wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I  have several machines with different disk configurations (some have
> c:,d: and e:, others have c: and others have c: and d:) sharing the same
> fileset. If Bacula 5.0.3 should not find some folders (for instance
> d:\systemstate on a machine with a c: unit only) complained about it but
> the backup ended OK.
>
> Now I have upgraded to bacula 5.2.6 and some backups stopped working.
> Bacula complains that it can't create VSS on d:\ and produces a fatal
> error when the computer doesn't have this disk unit.
>
> Is there something that I have missed on the upgrade?
>
> TIA,
>
> Gustavo.

I had this problem when moving from 5.0 to 5.2, and solved it by
creating different filesets for windows machines with c-only,
c-and-d-only, etc.  Annoying, but it solved the problem (and my network
is quite small).  Hopefully there will eventually be a better
option--but I confess I didn't try to file it as a bug.

-se