Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] I want to build bacula-fd on Tru64

2012-02-15 06:21:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] I want to build bacula-fd on Tru64
From: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: 송태환 <thdxo AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:19:12 +0400
On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 12:54:27 +0900

> I want to build bacula-FD on Tru64 ..
>
> OS : alpha-dec-osf5.1
> gcc : gcc-3.4.3
> bacula  : 5.2.5
> I am used bacula-5.0.1  binary version on Tru64
> but  I want to use LZO compression
> so, I am building  baucla 5.2.5  on Tru64
[...]
> error messsages    is
>     ==>Entering directory /usr/local/src/bacula/bacula-5.2.5/src
> ==>Entering directory /usr/local/src/bacula/bacula-5.2.5/scripts
> ==>Entering directory /usr/local/src/bacula/bacula-5.2.5/src/lib
> Compiling crc32.c
> crc32.c: In function `u_int32_t bcrc32(unsigned char*, int)':
> crc32.c:381: error: `intptr_t' undeclared (first use this function)
> crc32.c:381: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> for each function it appears in.) crc32.c:381: error: expected `)'
> before "buf" crc32.c:384: error: expected `)' before "buf"
> crc32.c:384: error: expected `)' before ';' token
[...]
This means gcc doesn't see a declaration of intptr_t  when it's
compiling crc32.c.
intptr_t is a type defined by the C standard which should be declared
by the stdint.h C header file.

So, naturally, I can come up with these ideas:
1) The file is present but for some reason is not included by crc32.c
   or one of header files it does include;
2) The file is present and is included but it does not contain the
   definition of intptr_t;
3) The file is missing (the GCC suite/C library on your system support
   some older revision of the standard which did not define intptr_t.

I have no knowledge of Tru64 so I'm not sure how exactly to proceed.
You can rule out (3) by just searching for stdint.h on your system.
You can also easily rule out (2) by just doing
$ grep -rw intptr_t /usr/include
(or another directory which is supposed to contain standard C header
files on your system).

One more thought: on my Debian system (Linux-based), the stdint.h header
file is a part of the so-called "standard C library development
package" (called libc6-dev).  So in theory the problem might be due to
some needed development package not being installed.