Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Needing some advices, tape drive over iscsi

2012-01-10 05:35:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Needing some advices, tape drive over iscsi
From: Hugo Letemplier <hugo.let.35 AT gmail DOT com>
To: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 11:32:11 +0100
2012/1/10 James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>:

>> My bacula server is on a virtual machine, I pass my Tape Drive via iscsi to
>> my
>> bacula server. This tape drive is also shared sometimes with my older backup
>> server in order to restore old backups.
>
> Can you pass the tape drive through from the driver VM? Any enterprise
> virtualisation should allow you to do this.
>
> Xen supports scsi passthrough and also pci passthrough. I use the former for
> running Backup Exec test restores in a Windows VM, and I've never used the
> latter but it should work fine.
>
> James

I need to share it via iscsi for my older backup server.
There is a passtrough feature on the Proxmox Cluster that I previously
used but I had problem using it.
Moreover, with the need of sharing the tape drive on two devices,
iscsi is a good solution

Historically we got this virtualisation solution which work well most
of the time but  not reallly fine for I/O but I have to do with it :-(