Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Needing some advices, tape drive over iscsi

2012-01-10 05:03:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Needing some advices, tape drive over iscsi
From: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: Hugo Letemplier <hugo.let.35 AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:00:12 +0000

> My bacula server is on a virtual machine, I pass my Tape Drive via iscsi to my
> bacula server. This tape drive is also shared sometimes with my older backup
> server in order to restore old backups.

Can you pass the tape drive through from the driver VM? Any enterprise
virtualisation should allow you to do this.

Xen supports scsi passthrough and also pci passthrough. I use the former for
running Backup Exec test restores in a Windows VM, and I've never used the
latter but it should work fine.

James