Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Needing some advices, tape drive over iscsi

2012-01-10 04:34:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] Needing some advices, tape drive over iscsi
From: Hugo Letemplier <hugo.let.35 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:31:23 +0100
Hello,

My bacula server is on a virtual machine, I pass my Tape Drive via
iscsi to my bacula server. This tape drive is also shared sometimes
with my older backup server in order to restore old backups.

I want bacula to free the tape drive at the iscsi level after it ran
the jobs and a little time of inactivity. What config  options should
I use ?

Bacula and iscsi are very very ustable for an unknown reason when I am
using the eject button of my tape drive so I should use offline on
unmount to eject the tape.

What other options should i look ?

Does anyones experienced problems with iscsi tape drives ?

Thanks

Hugo