Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problems with Jumbo packets?

2012-01-06 17:23:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problems with Jumbo packets?
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
To: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 23:21:21 +0100
Dear Bill,

In message <4F0728E7.7050103 AT revpol DOT com> you wrote:

> A quick (non-bacula) way to test is to ssh from one machine to the other and
> run a find / command or something that will generate similar amount of output.
>  If jumbo frames are not enabled on the whole path, then this output will
> appear to "just hang" and you will no longer have connectivity to the system.
>
> It is also possible that some of the NICs in your servers are not properly
> supporting the higher MTU that you are setting.

Indeed it appears I have to look deeper into the NIC / driver side of
things.

Thanks for all the advice.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd AT denx DOT de
An expert is a person who avoids the small errors while  sweeping  on
to the grand fallacy.