Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] socket problem during "label barcode" with HP 1x8 G2 AutoLdr

2012-01-07 17:34:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] socket problem during "label barcode" with HP 1x8 G2 AutoLdr
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Isamar Maia <isamar AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 17:30:36 -0500
On Jan 5, 2012, at 6:28 AM, Isamar Maia wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> We are using CentOS 6 64bits with a 8 tapes robot with 1 drive.
> It is a HP model 1x8 G2 AutoLDR.

Is this a brand new setup or one that has been successfully configured with
Bacula?

If the latter, there are many steps involved in getting a tape library working.

Foremost are the permission.  It can be time consuming.  Permissions on the
tape drive,
on the library, on the scripts, etc.

I documented what I did.

I suggest this article first: http://www.freebsddiary.org/tape-library.php