Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problems with Jumbo packets?

2012-01-06 13:36:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problems with Jumbo packets?
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
To: Alexandre Chapellon <a.chapellon AT horoa DOT net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 19:34:03 +0100
Dear Alexandre,

In message <4F072790.9060505 AT horoa DOT net> you wrote:

> Some Network card are supposed to "support" Jumbo frames but not as high
> value as 9000 octets.
> I remember I had issues with some broadcom NIC that couldn't go further
> than 7200.
> Maybe you could take a look at the NIC on the impacted hosts

Yes, I do have some of these, too.  But these are easy to spot as they
don't accept larger MTU's:

# ifconfig eth0 mtu 9000
SIOCSIFMTU: Invalid argument
# ifconfig eth0 mtu 7200
#

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd AT denx DOT de
Applying computer technology is simply finding the  right  wrench  to
pound in the correct screw.