Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Disk backup strategy advice / help

2012-01-05 07:06:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Disk backup strategy advice / help
From: Alex Ehrlich <Alex.Ehrlich AT mail DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 13:46:19 +0200
Hello,

I have managed my offsite backup setup so that only bacula volumes get
rsync-ed and it works fine for half a year. Total backup size is about
500Gb, nightly amount of data rsync-ed is between 1 and 10Gb (so my home
adsl connection with 10Mbit/s downstream is OK to keep offsite backups
at home).
This is in an assumption that you need offsite backup only when you've
totally lost onsite one. In this case bacula server has to be
restored/reinstalled first (or better in advance, to be able to test
restoration) and database has to be restored before using offsite backup.
Additionally I encrypt the bacula volumes on the fly while remotely
rsync-ing them (on the fly by means of fuse encfs).

Regards,

Alex Ehrlich