Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] RHEL 4/5/6 - Fedora 16 Bacula RPM repository

2012-01-04 10:33:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] RHEL 4/5/6 - Fedora 16 Bacula RPM repository
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 16:31:35 +0100
Hello,

I'm in the process of updating the repository with the latest changes from rawhide.

Apart from small tweaks and updates I do _NOT_ plan to make any additional change to the repository in the immediate future; so this could be a safe upgrade for Enterprise distributions.

The repository is at:

http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/slaanesh/bacula/

The main difference from before are the following items:

- RHEL 4 support (i386/x86_64/ppc).
- Addition of README.fedora in "bacula-common" with quick install procedures for PostgreSQL and notes.
- Removal of "bacula-director-<backend>" package in favour of a unified "bacula-director" package
- The libbaccats alternatives are set up inside the "bacula-libs" package so bscan can reside in the "bacula-storage" package.

Please read the README file:
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/slaanesh/bacula/README.txt

"bacula-common" package README:
/usr/share/doc/bacula-common-5.2.3/README.Fedora

git repository:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=bacula.git;a=summary

Fedora rawhide packages:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/search?match=glob&type=package&terms=bacula

As before, I'm available for any questions or complaint about the packaging.

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).