Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Storage Resouce address scripting?

2012-01-03 08:08:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Storage Resouce address scripting?
From: Adrian Reyer <bacula-lists AT lihas DOT de>
To: René Moser <rene.moser AT adfinis-sygroup DOT ch>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 14:05:43 +0100
On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 01:23:42PM +0100, René Moser wrote:
> This means, from the bacula-fds point of view, the storage daemon has
> several different addresses depending on the clients network.

Ok.

> So, this means I need to define as much storage resources to the same
> device as networks exists, which is kind of inconvenient.

Why? Wont using 0.0.0.0 as listen address work?

> I tried to "script" the storage resource address like
> Storage {
> Address = @|"sh /etc/bacula/scripts/get-backup-network %n"
> }

The config is parsed at startup time, so no reasonable %n will be there.

> or define the address on client side:
> Storage {
> Address = "\\</etc/bacula/storage.conf"
> }

You should be able to use a hostname there. Either fqdn or just a
hostname.
If this hostname has to point to a different IP on each server, you
could
a) use some small DNS-Server to provide the correct entry for that
subnet, e.g. dnsmasq, overriding the default hostname
b) if the servers in differnet networks have their own search pathes,
just add the bacula-sd-host as unqualified name and resolvie it via the
dns
c) just place an appropriate entry in /etc/hosts

Regards,
        Adrian
--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91