Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Storage Resouce address scripting?

2012-01-02 16:35:22
Subject: [Bacula-users] Storage Resouce address scripting?
From: René Moser <rene.moser AT adfinis-sygroup DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 13:23:42 +0100
Hi

We use dedicated backup networks.

This means, from the bacula-fds point of view, the storage daemon has
several different addresses depending on the clients network.

So, this means I need to define as much storage resources to the same
device as networks exists, which is kind of inconvenient.

I tried to "script" the storage resource address like

Storage {
Address = @|"sh /etc/bacula/scripts/get-backup-network %n"
}

or define the address on client side:

Storage {
Address = "\\</etc/bacula/storage.conf"
}

But this seems not to work as it expects to be a fqdn or IP only.

Any hints how to realize this without redefining the same storage
resource with different address over and over again?

Thx
--
Adfinis SyGroup AG - Be smart. Think Open Source.
René Moser, Senior System Engineer