Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] howto force bscan to use mysql

2012-01-02 16:35:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] howto force bscan to use mysql
From: Laurent Pirotte <laurent.pirotte AT handicap DOT be>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 12:55:25 +0100
Hi,

I'm trying to restore a catalog froma a tape to a new bacula server insrtallation. My new server intallation is using mysql and the old one was using postgresql. When I try to restore the catalog from a tape (see below), bscan try to login in a postgresql server but there is no more postgresql server. Can I force bscan to connect to a mysql server ? There is a -D option in the bscan command but I don't have found any information on the parameter I have to provide.

Regards

bscan -V 000072L5 -v -s -m -c mysdconf -h mydbserver -P mydbpasswd -t 3306 /dev/nst0

bscan: butil.c:281 Using device: "/dev/nst0" for reading.
27-Dec 12:35 bscan JobId 0: Invalid slot=0 defined in catalog for Volume "000072L5" on "LTO5-Drive" (/dev/nst0). Manual load may be required.
27-Dec 12:35 bscan JobId 0: 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.
27-Dec 12:35 bscan JobId 0: 3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result is Slot 7.
27-Dec 12:35 bscan JobId 0: Ready to read from volume "000072L5" on device "LTO5-Drive" (/dev/nst0).
27-Dec 12:35 bscan: ERROR TERMINATION at bscan.c:304
postgresql.c:227 Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server. Database=bacula User=bacula
Possible causes: SQL server not running; password incorrect; max_connections exceeded.

--
Laurent Pirotte
System Administrator