Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backing up Zimbra on-the-fly

2011-11-29 09:28:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backing up Zimbra on-the-fly
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:26:52 +0200
Thanks to everyone for replies.

I decided to go for Bacula-only solution though.

So I created 2 jobs: one for users' data and another one for the rest of
the Zimbra:

=== Job 1 ===
/opt/zimbra/store
/opt/zimbra/index
/opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqldump
/opt/zimbra/libexec/zmslapcat
/opt/zimbra/libexec/zmslapcat -c

=== Job 2 ===
/opt/zimbra
without:
/opt/zimbra/store
/opt/zimbra/index

I'm aware that I risk the server being slightly out-of-sync for the time
period between dumps and file-based backups of store and index. What
minimize the time period are LVM-snapshots of store and index.

--
Silver