Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] backing up Zimbra on-the-fly

2011-11-25 09:53:13
Subject: [Bacula-users] backing up Zimbra on-the-fly
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 16:51:01 +0200
Hi.

Is anyone backing up Zimbra on-the-fly? I don't think taking server
offline for pure file-based copy is a modern method of doing things.
Neither do I want to use zmbackup, because as I understand, that dumps
all the mailboxes (which are on disk anyway) to separate files which
would just waste so much space.

I'm currently backing up the whole /opt/zimbra and I've already managed
to restore a user's calendar by restoring MySQL-files onto another
server and starting MySQL from them. I guess I was lucky. And there's
also possibility to restore users' .msg files to submit them into Zimbra
server again. So I don't see much problem here..

Anyway, I wonder what is there to backup anyway? Store, MySQL, LDAP, ...
something more?

--
Silver