Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula 5.2.2 gui (Bat) hangs/crashing in Windows 7 x64

2011-11-29 11:14:21
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.2.2 gui (Bat) hangs/crashing in Windows 7 x64
From: baculamail AT vax-11 DOT org
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:41:06 -0700 (MST)
I am seeing a number of different (bad) behaviors when I run bat.exe on my
Windows 7 system. Unfortunately, Google doesn't seem to have any
information about the problems I am seeing.

I have used Bacula (and bat) on Linux for a couple years, so I'm familiar
with how stuff is supposed to work.

1) Hangs with spinning circle immediately after starting. Messages from
the director show up in the console, but the director name stays grey and
never turns purple. Menu items are clickable, but don't do anything.
Likewise, I can type a command (mount), but it never does anything.

2) When I try to restore files by clicking the Restore tool on the
toolbar, I can fill in the form but it never displays the select files
window. The console shows '300 files inserted into tree' and the last
message is 'Enter "done" to leave this mode'. Bat hangs with a
spinning circle at this point. This same operation works on Linux.

3) bRestore on the select page opens up, but I always get an 'Error' popup
when I select a JobID. I doesn't appear to matter which JobID or client I
choose.

4) Occasionally I'll get a crashdump from windows, but the main bat window
doesn't close. Is there someplace to submit these files? I don't see any
personal information inside, but I'd rather not post them to a public
forum.

Regards,
Clint