Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Anyone out there using an LSI20320-R for your tape drives/libs?

2011-11-26 05:19:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] Anyone out there using an LSI20320-R for your tape drives/libs?
From: Jesse Molina <jesse AT opendreams DOT net>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 03:16:03 -0700
Hi all.  New Bacula user here doing my setup and install.

I am trying to get a new drive working with an LSI20320-R card.  The -R
is for RAID, but it only does RAID 0 or 1, so I was guessing it would be
okay, but after some drive errors I am not so sure.

I am having various trouble, which I am currently blaming on either a
bad drive, tapes, cable, or HBA card.

The LSI20320-R is a single channel Ultra320 PCI-X card.  EBay is flush
with cheap units; $10 each, shipped.  I bought two to have a spare.  =)

If anyone out there is using this card and has feedback, it would make
me feel better.

My host is Debian GNU/Linux AMD64.

Here's what lspci says about the card:

03:06.0 SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c1030 PCI-X
Fusion-MPT Dual Ultra320 SCSI (rev 08)

Linux driver module is mptspi

--
# Jesse Molina