Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula version 5.2.2 ready for release

2011-11-24 17:51:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula version 5.2.2 ready for release
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-devel <bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 23:49:54 +0100
Hello,

This is to let you know that Bacula version 5.2.2 is a major bug fix
release to
version 5.2.1, and it in the public git repo ready for release.  As we will
be releasing it Sunday or Monday, we would appreciate
it if you would test it.  Also, we much appreciate the two users who run
regression tests.
Please check your regression output, and be sure you are pulling the
source code
from the public git repository with the branch named Branch-5.2.  The old
Branch-5.1 no longer exists so tests run with it are no longer valid.

We have built but not tested the Windows binaries for this new release,
and you
can find them at:

     www.bacula.org/downloads/Bacula-5.2.2rc1

Please test them and let us know if they work -- especially the tray
monitor which
apparently wanted the debug Qt dlls for version 5.2.1.

Note, after version 5.2.2 is released, we will create a branch named
Branch-5.3, which
will be the new development branch.  Branch-5.2 will continue to be
updated with patches
that we consider important and stable.

Best regards,
Kern