Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Volume Use Duration not working in 5.2.1

2011-11-25 03:26:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Volume Use Duration not working in 5.2.1
From: Dietz Pröpper <dietz AT rotfl.franken DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 08:32:46 +0100
Fahrer, Julian:
> Hi,
>
> Am I missing something or is the "Volume Use Duration" parameter in the
> pool not working in 5.2.1?
[...]
> Mediaid 5 & 8 should actually be in status "used". It is 2011-11-24
> 17:00 right now...
> Same thing for other pools with "Volume Use Duration = 12 days"
>
> Any hints?

Am I right assuming that the status get's updated as soon as you touch the
pool again, i.e. by performing a backup against it? If that's true,
everthing works as expected.

You can trigger the status update also by performing a "status days=nnn"
from bconsole. I use a tiny cron job for that.

regards,
        Dietz