Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] wildcard restores from multiple backups

2011-11-21 08:31:32
Subject: [Bacula-users] wildcard restores from multiple backups
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:29:44 +0000
I have an oddball request.

A user needs all copies of files matching a set of wildcards (eg:
MER_RR__1PRACR200?????_??????_????????????_?????_?????_????_h17v13_BBDR.tgz
)

The catch is that they may be across any of 30 different 1Tb filesystems
(each with its own backup job) and they were deleted about 6 months ago
(Still on tape and in the database)

The most recent copy will do for each file.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can do this without pulling my hair out?

Alan