Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Community to Enterprise Migration Offer

2011-11-21 11:52:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula Community to Enterprise Migration Offer
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-devel <bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:50:51 +0100
Hello,

Some time ago, we did a survey about how the community views the
Bacula project and how it views Bacula Systems.  I was very pleasantly
surprised by the results because they showed that the vast majority
of you support the fact that there is now commercial support
for Bacula (i.e. Bacula Systems), and many of you requested that
we post more information about Bacula Systems, which I have
tried to do in my quarterly "Status Reports".  At the same time,
I would not like to annoy community users with commercial advertising,
so if at some point you think we have gone too far (hopefully not),
feel free to email me directly.

My own personal view on Bacula and Bacula Systems is that Bacula
Systems is critical for the long term survival of Bacula particularly
in the enterprise. This is because we need more development in
a controlled manner, which means paid programmers, and even more
to implement high-end features necessary for the Enterprise, we
need equipment. The Bacula project has received a good number of
donations, but they amount to about $500/year on the average.
This is not sufficient to purchase high-end autoloaders ($10,000),
or NetApp appliances for developing NDMP ($20,000-$60,000) or
Fibre channel networks for implementing shared storage ($60,000).
Thus the need for a commercial organization that can generate the
revenues to bring these features.  In the beginning some such features,
which are very expensive to implement, will be available only
to the Enterprise customers, but they are all Open Source, and
we plan to make them available over time to the community as
Bacula becomes more and more capable.

Bacula Systems has created a special offer for all Bacula community
users. It is called: Bacula Enterprise Edition Selective Migration Plan,
and it permits you to smoothly migrate from the Community version
to the Enterprise Edition. This will allow you to:
- Take advantage of the availability of plugins such as Windows BMR, Linux
   BMR, NDMP, VSS File Daemon, NDMP or many others to come
- Professionalize your Backup/Restore system through a certified hence
   reliable software as well as a professional and reactive support
- Enjoy, instantly, the regular fixes, patches, upgrades and updates made
   available by our developers
- Benefit from our Consulting experts if you need to fine tune your
   installation
- Enjoy our recognized and efficient training program (Admin I and Admin II)
- Have access to our Professional documentation
- Get a road map visibility and, even better, influence the future
development
   of Bacula Enterprise Edition
- Benefit from managed releases cycles
- Unleash the Bacula administrative tools capabilities (With Bweb or Bacula
   Enterprise Management Center)
- And more!...

And, Bacula Systems adds another reason to migrate to Bacula
Enterprise Edition with:

           Bacula Enterprise Edition Selective Migration Plan

This plan is exclusively dedicated to Bacula community users (you
must be using the Bacula community in production as will be
validated via a BS report to be run by users).

With the purchase of a yearly Bacula Systems Subscription at
corresponding price value, the plan includes:
- The Enterprise Edition in its current version
- 1 plugin of choice
- 1 day of remote consulting
- Migration 4.0 white paper
- Training course (Admin I and/or Admin II) at 50% discount.  To enjoy the
   discount, registration to the training has to be made with the order
of the
   Selective Migration Plan

The Bacula Enterprise Edition Selective Migration Plan is available from the
            15th of November until the 31st of December 2011.
                        So, hurry up!

If you want to enjoy the Bacula Enterprise Edition Selective Migration
Plan or
           if you need further information, please contact
                   sales AT baculasystems DOT com

Best regards,
Kern