Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] wildcard restores from multiple backups

2011-11-21 18:22:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] wildcard restores from multiple backups
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 18:20:30 -0500
On Nov 21, 2011, at 8:29 AM, Alan Brown wrote:

> I have an oddball request.
>
> A user needs all copies of files matching a set of wildcards (eg:
> MER_RR__1PRACR200?????_??????_????????????_?????_?????_????_h17v13_BBDR.tgz
> )
>
> The catch is that they may be across any of 30 different 1Tb filesystems
> (each with its own backup job) and they were deleted about 6 months ago
> (Still on tape and in the database)
>
> The most recent copy will do for each file.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how I can do this without pulling my hair out?

I think it needs to be two part.

1 - SQL: construct a query to pull back a list of filenames and clients where
these files is backed up, grouped by client, ordered by date descending.

2 - use that list as input to a shell script that drives bconsole

Does that get you started?  I can help with the SQL if you want.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org