Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Qt3 vs 4 breakage in 5.2 (Bat and Traymonitor)

2011-11-18 14:28:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] Qt3 vs 4 breakage in 5.2 (Bat and Traymonitor)
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 19:26:20 +0000
It looks like the qt ui files for traymonitor and bat are for qt3, while
bat (at least) demands QT4

If I use Qt4, then I get a lot of messages along the lines of:
"uic: File generated with too old version of Qt Designer"

And then bat refuses to compile.

This isn't terribly surprising if you realise that QT3 and 4 ui files
are not compatible.

Trying to use Qt3 results in bat refusing to compile because it wants Qt4

Have a look at http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/porting4-designer.html -
which includes some porting scripts

I can contribute patches, however I'm not confident about this code and
I'd prefer the original author made the tweaks.