Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up lvm snapshots?

2011-09-20 05:41:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up lvm snapshots?
From: Adrian Reyer <bacula-lists AT lihas DOT de>
To: Tobias Schenk <tobias AT die-schenks DOT net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 11:40:00 +0200
On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 05:47:34PM +0200, Tobias Schenk wrote:
> I try use bacula 5.0.3 on suse linux to backup lvm snapshots.
> I cannot simply mount /dev/dm-6 to somewhere because the contents is a
> partitioned raw device of a kvm instance.

You could check the path with something like 'ls -l'.
On the other hand, you could use 'kpartx' and make the snapshots
partitions actually mountable if you 'speak' the used filesystem. The
benefit would be you only backup teh changed files in an incremental
backup instead of having to save the whole image even with one byte
changed.
In my installations I ahd always been able to just run a baclua-fd
inside the KVM, though.

Regards,
        Adrian
--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91