Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Maybe fixed: btape test append ejects the cartridge from tape

2011-09-15 12:51:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Maybe fixed: btape test append ejects the cartridge from tape
From: Pierre Bernhardt <pierre AT starcumulus.owl DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:48:45 +0200
Am 15.09.2011 13:11, schrieb Martin Simmons:

>> Am 15.09.2011 10:32, schrieb Pierre Bernhardt:
Hi,

> Does the mt load command pull the tape back into the drive?  Bacula expects
> the Mount Command to mount the tape.
It's more like an offline command. The old DLT tape drives has no engine to
eject a drive normally so you must normally pull an door to eject the drive
manually. In libraries the tape roboter to that by the roboter leg or by
an added engine at the drive. So if I use eject command to the drive
the drive will unload the tape in the cartridge but the cartridge itself
will be pull out by the roboter leg.
So if the roboter will not pull out the cartridge the tape could be reloaded
by an mt load command.
For this drive I need the eject command before mtx can unload the cartrige
because the lib will not send an eject command to the lib. In this case
also after the eject of the tape in the cartridge is finished the roboter
can open the drive door and pull out the cartrigde.

I'm not sure how I did this in the past. I should look in the mtx-changer
script because it is possible I did this with an modified script.

MfG...
Pierre