Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Full/Incremental on Copy Jobs? Why?

2011-09-15 11:42:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Full/Incremental on Copy Jobs? Why?
From: Adrian Reyer <bacula-lists AT lihas DOT de>
To: Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:40:18 +0200
On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 10:45:33AM -0300, Rodrigo Renie Braga wrote:
> I'd like to know if the "Level" option on a Copy Job makes any difference at
> all for the job. Since my Copy Job looks at "JobID" to copy (using an SQL
> Statement), it won't know that that JobID was Full or Incremental, right?

I think the level is only important for jobs that talk to bacula-fd as
they need to sort out what to actually backup. For Copy/Migrate jobs
only the jobid is important.
Your Copy/Migrate job will have that level and typically owns 0 files in
0 bytes with the level you stated and you can just delete it. The
resulting copy of a job will have the original level.

> In this Copy Job I'm selecting all previous Full Backups JobID using the SQL
> Statement, but I could very well change it to select all the previous
> Incremental Backups, hence the "Level = Full" makes no difference, right?

Indeed, you slect via SQL and you only get a bunch of jobids. No further
info required for the job.

Regards,
        Adrian
--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91