Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bconsole command parameters

2011-09-15 04:59:52
Subject: [Bacula-users] bconsole command parameters
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:57:51 +0200
Recently I reinstalled a Bacula director and had to register a bunch of
old tapes via the "add" command. That work would have been much less
tedious if I could specify all the parameters on one line, for example:

*add pool=Daily storage=LTO1 number=0 volume=Donnerstag

But I could only give the "pool" and "storage" parameters and then had
to answer the "Enter number of Volumes to create" and "Enter Volume
name" questions individually. apparently the "number" and "volume"
parameters have either different keywords or no keywords at all.

There are many situations like that when I would prefer to give the
complete command in one line instead of being prompted separately for
every parameter.

Q1: Is that possible generally, ie. are there command line keywords for
all bconsole command parameters?

Q2: Where can those keywords that exist be found? Only in the Primary
Documentation (aka source code) or is there a complete list somewhere?

TIA
T.

--
Tilman Schmidt