Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Maybe fixed: btape test append ejects the cartridge from tape

2011-09-15 06:14:08
Subject: [Bacula-users] Maybe fixed: btape test append ejects the cartridge from tape
From: Pierre Bernhardt <pierre AT starcumulus.owl DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:10:54 +0200
Am 15.09.2011 10:32, schrieb Pierre Bernhardt:
Hello again,

> But for my SuperDLT1 internal tape drive if I start the test the cartrige
> will ejects at Append files test and then I got messages the test has
> been failed with an, tata, "No medium found" error.
It looks like at the point the umount command has to been executed at
possible after rewind. I know, that mt commands wait for access to the
device, so it is possible that the eject command comes much time later
than it was started to execute.

> Device {
>   Name = "SDLT-1"
>   Offline On Unmount = No
>   Requires Mount = Yes
>   Mount Command = "mt -f %a load"
>   Unmount Command = "mt -f %a eject"
I've uncomment Umount Command and now it works without ejecting the cartrige.

For this drive it is normally not a problem after a bconsole umount to go
to the drive and eject manually the cartrigde.

Cheers...
Pierre Bernhardt