Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Postgres 9?

2011-09-12 11:16:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Postgres 9?
From: Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com>
To: Thomas Bennett <bennetttm AT appstate DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 12:14:28 -0300
yeah, now I know that... I think our DBA was trolling me... :)

2011/9/12 Thomas Bennett <bennetttm AT appstate DOT edu>
FYI
PostgreSQL 8 supports multiple encodings.  I find UTF8 to be the default and
you have to specify SQL_ASCII when creating a database although I expect you
can set the default type in the template.

Thomas

On Friday 09 September 2011 15:04:45 Rodrigo Renie Braga wrote:
> Hello list!!
>
> Has anyone used Bacula with the brand new Postgres 9? I've seen that now
> Postgres supports multiple encoding for it's databases, and that's really
> helpful to me because all my websites are using UTF8 and only for Bacula
>  I'm using 'latin1' (thats the correct encoding right?) and I'd like to use
>  only one instance of Postgres for my server...
>
> Thanks!

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst            P O Box 32026
University Library                                Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/