Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] A (web based) gui on FreeBSD 8.0. Nothing works, except webmin

2011-09-12 12:38:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] A (web based) gui on FreeBSD 8.0. Nothing works, except webmin
From: Bacula-Dev <bacula-dev AT dflc DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, oh AT dom DOT de
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 18:07:29 +0200
Hi Oliver,

Did you already have a look on Bacula-Web ?
It should work fine with PHP5 on FreeBSD 8.0.

http://bacula-web.dflc.ch

Best regards

Davide

Hi all!

I have FreeBSD 8.0 with bacula 3.0.2 as a backup server. The only thing
which works so far is the webmin module. That's fine and useful but the
reporting is a bit too simple.

Thus I tried bweb and bacula-web and had a look at webacula.

I got bacula-gui-5.0.3 and did what the README told me.
bweb wants a bunch of perl modules. I installed them via the CPAN
shell.
But all I get is this:

Error:  Can't locate GD/Graph.pm in @INC (@INC
contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/BSDPAN ....

Next I set up apache2.2 and php5 in order to run bacula-web. After a
while it turned out that php4 is needed ;-( So I removed php5 and
installed php4. Everything via ports collection, except apache which
comes from sysinstall.
There is a test.php. It runs and shows me that all prerequisites are
OK. Still the index.php does not. FF always offers to make a download
of that file. apache modules are there, php.ini looks good,
bacula-web.conf as well.
info.php shows:

PHP Version 4.4.9
Apache/2.2.16 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8k DAV/2 PHP/4.4.9
with Suhosin-Patch
and so on. Looks sane.

I read the doc of webacula. php5 is needed and it seems to be more for
actually doing backups and restores rather than reporting. So I didn't
try it yet.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Maybe there is a tool I am not aware of
which suits my needs? bweb looks most promising though. Has anybody got
it running on FreeBSD?

Thanx,

Oliver