Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Ignore fileset changes

2011-08-22 19:40:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Ignore fileset changes
From: Olle Romo <olleromo AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 01:38:23 +0200
What I mean is that if I have a drive removed, run the job then attach
the drive and run the job again, Bacula will do a full backup of the
drive even if it previously had done an incremental backup on the same
drive. Ideally I want it to just continue the incremental backup.

At the moment I need to remember to remove the drive from the fileset
then add it again when it's online. Sometimes I forget and.. well...

I really wish I could control this behavior. It says in the manual
this is deliberately so, in order to ensure the backup is correct, but
I find it would be very helpful if I could switch this on or off.

Thomas - the dynamic fileset looks interesting. I will try it. Thank
you.

All best,
Olle