Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Ignore fileset changes

2011-08-16 01:50:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Ignore fileset changes
From: Thomas Mueller <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 05:45:58 +0000 (UTC)
Am Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:43:05 +0200 schrieb Olle Romo:

> Thank you Uwe. I misunderstood the concept.
>
> Is there a way to have Bacula just continue incremental backup of a
> drive even if it was offline for one run?

IMHO no, it will fail if a path is not available.

you could create a sort of "dynamic fileset" e.g. create a fileset on the
fly on the client.

blog post I found (not using this feature this myself):
http://machine-cycle.blogspot.com/2010/02/dynamic-bacula-filesets.html

(don't forget to add "Ignore FileSet Changes" in the fileset and "Accurate
= yes" in your job definition)

- Thomas