Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Can't restore file spanning across multiple volumes

2011-08-11 14:49:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Can't restore file spanning across multiple volumes
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 19:47:02 +0100

> > Add trace=1 to the setdebug command and look for the bacula-fd.trace file in
> > the working directory.
>
> I did some research, and found two things:
>
> 1. There are other one-file jobs that span across volumens, and they
> restore without problems. So crossing volumens is not a problem here.
> 2. I found other (three) jobs with problems. All of them behave in the
> same way as one decribed earlier. They differ from working job by having
> EndBlock set to 0 (zero).

Hmm, it looks like that might be the problem.  I had assumed that EndBlock=0
was normal, but it might not be.

The trace output didn't show the filename to restore, so that suggests that
the bacula-fd didn't see data from the first volume, hence it didn't create
the file.

What to the JobMedia entries look like for working jobs span across volumes?

__Martin