Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Can't restore file spanning across multiple volumes

2011-08-12 04:59:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Can't restore file spanning across multiple volumes
From: Bartosz Cisek <bartosz.cisek AT nasza-klasa DOT pl>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:56:16 +0200
W dniu 11.08.2011 20:47, Martin Simmons pisze:
>> I did some research, and found two things:
>>
>> 1. There are other one-file jobs that span across volumens, and they
>> restore without problems. So crossing volumens is not a problem here.
>> 2. I found other (three) jobs with problems. All of them behave in the
>> same way as one decribed earlier. They differ from working job by having
>> EndBlock set to 0 (zero).
>
> Hmm, it looks like that might be the problem.  I had assumed that EndBlock=0
> was normal, but it might not be.

According to block.c [1] it looks like:
- EndBlock holds 32 less significant bits of block address
- EndFile holds 32 most significant bits of block address

In that case both fields set to 0, point to beginning of Volumen. Do I
miss something?

As a side note, variable names were completely misleading to me :/

> The trace output didn't show the filename to restore, so that suggests that
> the bacula-fd didn't see data from the first volume, hence it didn't create
> the file.
>
> What to the JobMedia entries look like for working jobs span across volumes?

mysql> select * from JobMedia where JobId = 8280214\G
JobMediaId: 6768001
     JobId: 8280214
   MediaId: 3339
FirstIndex: 1
 LastIndex: 1
 StartFile: 0
   EndFile: 0
StartBlock: 258294
  EndBlock: 6868847
  VolIndex: 2
    Stripe: 0
*************************** 2. row ***************************
JobMediaId: 6767996
     JobId: 8280214
   MediaId: 3393
FirstIndex: 1
 LastIndex: 1
 StartFile: 1
   EndFile: 1
StartBlock: 4262595384
  EndBlock: 4294942311
  VolIndex: 1
    Stripe: 0

[1]
http://www.bacula.org/git/cgit.cgi/bacula/tree/bacula/src/stored/block.c#n620
--
Bartosz Cisek
Admin

email: bartosz.cisek AT nasza-klasa DOT pl
tel: +48 519 300 122

Nasza Klasa Sp. z o.o.,
ul. Gen. J. Bema 2, 50-265 Wrocław

Sąd Rejonowy dla Wrocławia - Fabrycznej we Wrocławiu,
VI Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego,
nr KRS:0000289629, NIP:898-21-22-104 REGON:020586020,
Kapitał zakładowy: 67 850,00 PLN