Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] backing up to Amazon S3

2011-07-21 03:16:25
Subject: [Bacula-users] backing up to Amazon S3
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 09:55:27 +0300
Hello.

I've mounted Amazon S3 with s3fs (currently 1.57 on Debian) and using it is
quite OK, but the problem is that some volumes stay empty (the files are around
250 bytes), although the SD writes hundreds of megabytes into them.

Eg. I have currently the S3-storage activated for 2 clients. One client's jobs
were 27 MB and 1 GB and these volumes were OK, but the other client's only job
was around 500 MB and its volume was left to 280 bytes.
Looking at the job times, I see that the 3rd job was started before the 2nd one
ended, so maybe S3 over s3fs has some concurrency problems?

Anyone else experiencing similar problems with S3?
Anyone having concurrent jobs writing to S3 perfectly fine?

--
Silver