Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Less intervention as Possible.

2011-07-20 14:48:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] Less intervention as Possible.
From: Rickifer Barros <rickiferbarros AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:44:34 -0300
Hello one more time...

I'm trying to configure my Bacula so that I don't have to mount and umount manually the tapes after the jobs but I'm not getting this...

My Backup Scheme is like that:

tue-fri - Differentialls in the same tape
sat - Full in another tape

Also I have 2 daily jobs: Backup Files and Backup Catalog.

So I want to Backup tue-thu without ejecting the tape. At Friday it must to be ejected as well as Saturday.

I've tried to configure my Storage like that:

Device {
  Name = LTO-4
  Media Type = LTO-4
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  AutomaticMount = no;
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  Maximum File Size = 5GB
  Volume Poll Interval = 1 minutes
  Close on Poll = yes
  Offline on Unmount = yes
}

So, according my Pool settings, after 4 Differential jobs the tape is changed to "Used" status but the Poll don't Close it anyway to make it Offline.
If I set "AlwaysOpen = no" it is ejected but soon after the Backup Files Job, so the Backup Catalog Job runs out of tape.
Is it possible send a unmount command after specific jobs? Therefore I could set up my Backup Catalog Jobs to umount the tape at Fridays and Saturdays....so the "Offline on Umount" directive would eject the tape.

Thanks in advance.

Rickifer Barros.