Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Database performance issue

2011-07-20 22:44:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Database performance issue
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy AT karlsbakk DOT net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 22:40:53 -0400
On Jul 19, 2011, at 5:45 PM, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

>> Starting a file-based restore job, this led to postgresql spending a
>> full 15 minutes in a query. Any idea what can be done to fix this?
>>
>> http://paste.ubuntu.com/647576/ has a full explain/analyze of the
>> query, but so far, I haven't figured out where the problem is. Anyone
>> with an idea of how to tune this?
>
> create index file_filenameid on file(filenameid);
>
> I guess that should be part of the FAQ...

FYI, it's on my file:

$ psql bacula
psql (8.4.7)
Type "help" for help.

bacula=# \d file
                             Table "public.file"
   Column   |  Type   |                       Modifiers
------------+---------+-------------------------------------------------------
 fileid     | bigint  | not null default nextval('file_fileid_seq'::regclass)
 fileindex  | integer | not null default 0
 jobid      | integer | not null
 pathid     | integer | not null
 markid     | integer | not null default 0
 lstat      | text    | not null
 md5        | text    | not null
 filenameid | integer | not null
    "file_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (fileid)
    "file_filenameid_idx" btree (filenameid)
    "file_jobid_idx" btree (jobid)
    "file_jpfid_idx" btree (jobid, pathid, filenameid)
    "file_pathid" btree (pathid)
    "file_pathid_idx" btree (pathid)
    "testing" btree (fileid)

bacula=#

bacula=# select * from version ;
 versionid
-----------
        12
(1 row)

$ bconsole
Connecting to Director bacula.example.org:9101
1000 OK: bacula-dir Version: 5.0.3 (04 August 2010)
Enter a period to cancel a command.

For what it's worth, I found this in make_postgresql_tables

--
-- Possibly add one or more of the following indexes
--  if your Verifies are too slow.

Moving this over to dev on my next reply.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org