Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Device

2011-07-11 16:32:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Device
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: Mike Hobbs <mhobbs AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:30:26 -0400
On 7/11/2011 2:28 PM, Mike Hobbs wrote:
> On 07/11/2011 11:52 AM, Josh Fisher wrote:
>
>> My understanding is that if AllowMixedPriority=yes, then the higher
>> priority job should run before any other queued lower priority jobs.
>> Although it will not preempt already running jobs, it should start as
>> soon as one of the already running jobs finishes. If, when one of the
>> already running jobs finishes, it runs a lower priority job ahead of the
>> queued high priority job, then that sounds like a bug in the Bacula
>> scheduler. It shouldn't run a queued lower priority job ahead of a
>> queued high priority job if AllowMixedPriority=yes. At least, that is my
>> understanding.
>
> Hmm, You say "AllowMixedPriority=yes", the docs and my conf files say
> "Allow Mixed Priority = yes".  Do the white spaces matter?  Maybe I
> should try it the way you have it here.  I also have this specified
> for every job I have, I wasn't sure if I could put it in the JobsDef
> or not.  If the way I have it spelled in my conf files is fine, then
> it sounds like it could be a bug.

No, whitespace does not matter, and Bacula would tell you if there were
a config error. Maybe there were jobs already running when you issued
the reload command in bconsole to bring in the config changes? Try
restarting SD and DIR and see if the problem persists. If so, then I
think it is a bug, or at least an ambiguity in the docs.