Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Mac OS X client fails to backup

2011-07-11 16:02:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Mac OS X client fails to backup
From: Sean Clark <smclark AT tamu DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:59:34 -0500
On 07/11/2011 02:47 PM, tscollins wrote:
> ERR=Connection refused
Mac firewalls are a huge pain...

Check the firewall settings on the client in the "Preferences->Security"
section, AND check "ipfw list" from the console to see if the rules
there might be blocking access - evidently these are two separate
firewall systems, or at least they behave like they are.

I've also had a couple of Mac clients where I've had to explicitly allow
bacula-fd with "socketfilterfw" (which doesn't seem to be well
documented), so if you start getting "BAD STORAGE" errors reported by
the client (because bacula-fd isn't being allowed to make the outgoing
connection to the storage daemon) you might need to do this, too.