Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Device

2011-07-11 19:36:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Device
From: Mike Hobbs <mhobbs AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
To: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 19:33:40 -0400
On 7/11/2011 4:30 PM, Josh Fisher wrote:
> No, whitespace does not matter, and Bacula would tell you if there were
> a config error. Maybe there were jobs already running when you issued
> the reload command in bconsole to bring in the config changes? Try
> restarting SD and DIR and see if the problem persists. If so, then I
> think it is a bug, or at least an ambiguity in the docs.

I have not tried an actual restart of all daemons yet, I've only been
issuing "reload"s, restarting the SD and DIR has been on my to do list
for a few days.. I've been waiting on my current backups to finish, I've
had some huge jobs running, I had one level 0 that took 2d 20h to
finish.  I wasn't happy about that!

I'll try a restart of the storage daemon and dir ASAP and report back
what happens.

Thank you again for all your help!

mike