Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tape BLOCKED waiting for.....

2011-07-11 14:35:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tape BLOCKED waiting for.....
From: Christian Tardif <christian.tardif AT servinfo DOT ca>
To: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:32:24 -0400
On 11/07/11 12:29 PM, Konstantin Khomoutov wrote:
Provided I understood your question correctly, you just `umount` the
current tape first, physically change the cartridge, label the new one,
mount it and then the job continues all by itself.
I'm not sure about labeling a new tape, but changing the tape when a
job is blocked on a wrong tape is a routine operation on my site
which has a single-tape LTO-4 device.

If this is just a matter of changing a tape from a single-tape device, while the devic status is blocked already works for sure. The problem comes when we need to perform a write operation (labelling a new tape, for example) when the device is in a blocked status. The Label operation should be able to perform, when executed manually, even if the device is blocked.

Many operators are performing backups on a single-tape device, so there must be a way to do it. I can do this on many other systems.

--

Christian Tardif, Servinfo Inc.
Tél: 514.237.6332

SVP, pensez à l’environnement avant d’imprimer ce message.
Please consider the environment before printing this mail note.