Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Tape BLOCKED waiting for.....

2011-07-11 11:17:25
Subject: [Bacula-users] Tape BLOCKED waiting for.....
From: Christian Tardif <christian.tardif AT servinfo DOT ca>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:12:00 -0400
Hi,

This must be a simple task to achieve, but I did not find how to make it
work.

Let's say, for example, that I did not put the right tape into the
drive, and that I don't have a tape with the right label (or not a tape
within the right pool). So I need to label a new tape. But bacula then
tells me that the tape is BLOCKED waiting for a tape (don't have the
exact blah blah, but this is the main idea). Then, if I try to label a
new tape, I won't be able, since the device is already blocked.

I know I can just kill the job, label my tape, and restart the job. But
there are certain times where I just can't do that. So, how can I
unblock the device to be abe to label my tape and let the job continue
normally?

--

Christian...