Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tape BLOCKED waiting for.....

2011-07-11 12:31:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tape BLOCKED waiting for.....
From: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: christian.tardif AT servinfo DOT ca
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 20:29:23 +0400
On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:12:00 -0400
Christian Tardif <christian.tardif AT servinfo DOT ca> wrote:

> This must be a simple task to achieve, but I did not find how to make
> it work.
>
> Let's say, for example, that I did not put the right tape into the
> drive, and that I don't have a tape with the right label (or not a
> tape within the right pool). So I need to label a new tape. But
> bacula then tells me that the tape is BLOCKED waiting for a tape
> (don't have the exact blah blah, but this is the main idea). Then, if
> I try to label a new tape, I won't be able, since the device is
> already blocked.
>
> I know I can just kill the job, label my tape, and restart the job.
> But there are certain times where I just can't do that. So, how can I
> unblock the device to be abe to label my tape and let the job
> continue normally?
Provided I understood your question correctly, you just `umount` the
current tape first, physically change the cartridge, label the new one,
mount it and then the job continues all by itself.
I'm not sure about labeling a new tape, but changing the tape when a
job is blocked on a wrong tape is a routine operation on my site
which has a single-tape LTO-4 device.